I'm Back With An All New Post In My Favorite 5's Series!
Come see what I've found for August.
For the month of August I want to share with you some of my most favorite Household finds.
Again, you can be sure I've only highlighted items that I have used and am excited about!
So without further ado, here are August's 5 Favorite Finds for 2014
Last year when we moved into our new house and for the first time in my adult life I had hardwood floors throughout, I knew I wanted to find an easy, cost-effective way to keep them clean. I am super pleased with this mop. It's easy on my back too! Here are some highlights:
- Safe to use on all floor types including hardwood, vinyl, laminate and tile
- Microfiber cleaning pad picks up 50% more dirt and dust per swipe than traditional mops
- 22 oz. refillable bottle allows you to mix your own solution
- Non-scratch scrubber for stubborn spots
- Microfiber pads are reusable and machine washable up to 100 times. Kit includes 3 Durable Cleaning Pads & 2 Refillable Bottles
In the past, I've never been much for vacuums. Don't get me wrong, I've always had one, and used it too. :>) I just didn't go for the high-end, last forever and a day kind of vacuums simply because I didn't have the money. Then I found this vacuüm and fell in love. This is under $100 but works just as well as the high-end units. The house we moved into had been professionally cleaned prior to move-in, but by the amount of dirt this thing sucked up, you'd never have known it. Here are some highlights:
- Lightweight upright vacuüm cleaner with WindTunnel Technology for consistent suction
- Five position height adjustment; 13-1/2-inch-wide nozzle; no-scuff bumper
- 27-foot retractable power cord; rinse-clean filter and permanent HEPA filter
- Includes extension wand, crevice tool, upholstery/dusting brush, and powered hand tool
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
No matter how well we clean there are odors we'd like to safely eliminate - think pets, bathroom, laundry, diaper pails, shoe closets... Our home is no exception. Since I have a chemical sensitivity I needed to find something to eliminate (not mask) odors without making me sick in the process.
This product is great! The ingredients are: water, and natural extracts of lime, pine needle, aniseed, clove and cedar wood - no chemicals! It lasts for 30-90 days depending on air flow and there is a refill available in a larger canister to top these reusable canisters back up.
This little vacuüm is like a dustbuster on steroids. It's super powerful, it's upright, and it has a crevice attachment - all for under $20! I use it on my hardwood floors, my lightweight rugs, tile. While it doesn't replace a true vacuüm for heavy-duty carpet cleaning, I find it an indispensable part of my cleaning tools. Here are some highlights:
- 3-in-1 vacuüm cleaner functions as a stick vac, handheld vac, and utility vac
- Handheld unit detaches easily from the larger unit; onboard crevice tool
- Simple on/off switch; smooth-rolling wheels; convenient cord wrap
- Lightweight construction for comfortable carrying; removable dust cup
Method is my go to cleaner at the moment. I intend to make some of my own cleaners. And I've used the tried and true vinegar. But sometimes a busy schedule just calls for the ease of use that you get from pulling out a ready made cleaner - one that doesn't stink to boot!
I appreciate that these are non-toxic, naturally derived, biodegradable formulas. And Lavender is the gentlest smell for me out of all the formulas.
I hope you benefit from these products as we have. Be sure to check back next month to see what exciting products I've found.
Don't miss other great finds in the Favorite 5 of 2014 Series: July, August, September, October, November, December