Granola! Glorious Granola!
I may not enjoy making food most of the time, but I love to eat good food just as much as the next person 🙂
For those who are attached to breakfast food or just like having yummy, healthy, whole-food, real-food on hand. . . you have to try this recipe.
This homemade Granola recipe has been in my family since I was a kid, and it’s a childhood favorite. I have fond memories of making this with my Mom and sister, and even fonder memories of eating it out of a big bowl of milk. Yum, yum!
Rachel at Let’s Be Balanced provided the recipe for us today. Visit her food blog for more healthy, whole-food recipes. You’ll find recipes for appetizers, breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and snacks…a little of everything.
- 10 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Whole Raw Almonds
- 1 cup Shelled Halved Walnuts
- 1 cup No Salt Sunflower Seeds
- 3 TBSP Ground Cinnamon
- 1.5 cups Honey
- 0.5 cups Vegetable Oil
- 2 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray two large ridge cookie sheets with non-stick spray.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix till well coated.
- Divide evenly onto cookie sheets and pat evenly & flat.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Take out, stir carefully, pat evenly and place cookie sheets back onto opposite racks in the oven (for better cooking/heat distribution).
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Take out and let cool.
- Cool completely before scooping off cookie sheets and placing into a large container.