Are you a dessert person?
There are just some desserts that taste better the way “grandma” used to make. You know what I’m saying? Baked Custard is one such dessert.
This recipe is truly old-fashioned yet simple to make, and yummy enough for even the most modern palette in your house.
- 1 quart milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup honey (to taste)
- dash of nutmeg
- Place all ingredients except nutmeg in a blender and mix well.
- Pour into ungreased individual custard cups or ramekins.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Set the ramekins in a deep pan of warm water.
- Place in the oven.
- Bake at 300 until set, or when able to cut cleanly with a knife (approximately 1 hour).
P.S. What is your custard topping of choice? Do you have a favorite dessert?