Do you like Marinara? Are you looking for a Healthy Italian Meal?
Do you have trouble getting your children to eat their veggies? Do you have a gluten intolerance? Try this easy, tasty, gluten free alternative to lasagna.
I dubbed this recipe Stuffed Zucchini Marinara, and it can easily be adapted to your family’s taste!
It’s an easy, healthy, yummy meal that you’ll want to incorporate into your monthly or weekly meal plan.
- 1 lb ground meat (choose between beef, turkey or chicken)
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- 3-4 large zucchini
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cut zucchini length-wise
- Place zucchini halves in water & bring it to a boil. Boil for 2-3 minutes
- Spoon out softened zucchini flesh from center of zucchini halves & chop then set aside
- Using a glass 9x12 baking dish, spread a thin layer of marinara sauce into the bottom of the pan
- Place hollowed out zucchini halves on top of the sauce, facing up
- Brown the ground meat & onion in a saute pan
- Add the garlic, oregano, salt & pepper to the meat & onions in the pan
- Add the chopped zucchini flesh set aside earlier
- Spoon mixture into each zucchini half
- Spoon remainder of marinara over each stuffed zucchini
- Top with mozzarella cheese
- Cover pan with aluminum foil & bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and zucchini is cooked through
- Remove & sprinkle with parmesan cheese the serve while warm
- Try adding mushrooms, chopped olives, chopped bell pepper to the meat mixture
And you can try this Organic Marinara Sauce if you need a gluten-free, organic, non-GMO variety to go with your stuffed zucchini marinara.
P.S. What’s On Your Dinner Plate Tonight?